Why Hydrostop Premiumcoat Finish Coat
A water-based acrylic top coat. Used in conjunction with the HydroStop PremiumCoat® Foundation Coat and HydroStop® PremiumCoat® Fabric, it creates the HydroStop® PremiumCoat® System. It is low VOC, has superior UV, and weather resistance, and is simple to apply and maintain.
- Can be installed over a variety of roofs without the need for a complete tear-off and associated cost and waste
- Is a fully-fabric reinforced liquid membrane system
- Monolithic and self-terminating means no seams or complicated flashing details
- Available in highly reflective colors that reflect heat away from the roof and can help save on energy costs
- Adheres to a variety of existing roof substrates, including metal roofs, flat and low-pitched roofs, BUR, structural concrete, EPDM, Hypalon®, modified bitumen, PVC, and TPO roofs, as well as parapet and exterior walls
- HydroStop® PremiumCoat® Top Coat is the top coat of the HydroStop® PremiumCoat® System and should be used in conjunction with PremiumCoat® Foundation Coat and PremiumCoat® Fabric
- The PremiumCoat® System complies with Federal mandate 13514
Product Hydro Spot Roof System
HydroStop / Premium Coat Roofing System?
PDE said:So if you are not a fan of HydroStop, what do you recommend if one wants a +50 year life from initial install + maintenance?Do you have direct experience with HydroStop / Premium Coat when it’s installed over a properly cleaned-repaired-prepared flat concrete deck, tapered isoboard, then only HydroStop per manufacturers specs?Anyone have a HydroStop – Premium Coat roof that is over 20 years old? 30? Maximum?Thanks in advance
Most people would rather die than think, and most do Most people would rather die than think, and most do Jagans – thanks for multiple replies
How Much Does Hydrostop Cost
|HYDROSTOP® PremiumCoat® Fabric – 6″x300′ Your Price: $55.00||HYDROSTOP® PremiumCoat® Fabric – 8″x300′ Your Price: $70.00|
|HYDROSTOP® PremiumCoat® Butter Grade Flashing – 2 gallon Your Price: $140.00||HYDROSTOP® PremiumCoat® Butter Grade Flashing – 5 gallon Your Price: $225.00|
The HydroStop® PremiumCoat® Roof System is a liquid-applied acrylic elastomeric system for recover and reroof applications. It can be installed over various types of existing roofs, including single ply, built-up, insulation board, structural concrete, and metal to help extend their life.
Secondly, how much does it cost to coat a roof? Flat Roof CoatingFlat roof coatings will cost between $0.15 to $2.00 per square foot for materials and an additional $0.50 to $3.00 per square foot for labor as broken down in the cost per square foot section above. This price is for a coating over a pre-existing roof system, such as a rubber membrane or metal roof.
One may also ask, how long does HydroStop last?
Shelf life 18 months if unopened containers stored between 40°F and 70°F. The HydroStop PremiumCoat® Finish Coat is a water-based acrylic top coat.
What is Sealoflex?
The Sealoflex Water-Based Waterproofing System consists of a combination of a highly flexible base/saturation acrylic coating, a non-woven polyester fabric, and a UV-resistant top coating. The system forms a fully adhered, monolithic, durable, and flexible waterproofing membrane.
Recommended Reading: Is Red Roof Pet Friendly
This Is The Best And Prettiest Top Coating That I Have Ever Seen
I am an Engineer and have been using many products for many years. This is the best and prettiest top coating that I have ever seen. Oakley, a salesperson at hydrostop supply, is rated a 5+++. Very familiar with the complete product line, true in all his statements about the products and delivery. If their is a problem with the product, delivery, etc. he will correct it with one phone call on the same day. He is quick to understand, polite, knowledgeable, all around superior in his job – “top-of-the-ladder”.
Why Hydrostop Premiumcoat System
- Provides advanced water proofing and protection against extreme weather events such as hail, high winds and rain.
- Can be installed over a variety of roofs without the need for a complete tear-off eliminating associated cost and waste.
- No heavy equipment and minimal tools required.
|Colors||White, Cotton, Desert Sand, Dove Grey, Battleship Grey, Patina Green, Charleston Green, Brown, Terra Cotta, Tinners Red, Charcoal. *Customized tinting available|
Recommended Reading: Can You Paint A Roof
Cost Of Resealing A Flat Roof
A complete tear-off and replace of a flat roof can cost anywhere from $2,500 to more than $11,000. Resealing your current roof can extend its life and avoid replacement. How often you need to do this will vary depending on the type, brand, coating thickness and climate.
For example, a cheap acrylic may need work every 10 years. High-end silicones often come with 25 or even 50-year warranties. Though Polyurea has only been around for about 30 years, manufacturers often claim this type of sealant to be the longest wearing.
Fluctuations in temperature cause expansion and contraction, add to that humidity levels and UV rays all wearing on your roof. The best way to know how often you’ll need to reseal is to talk to your roofing contractor. Ask them what type of roof to use for your climate and how often you’ll need to reseal.
Cool Roof Coating For Reflecting Heat
Coating a roof with white helps reflect solar radiation, reducing cooling costs by reducing indoor air temperature by as much as 20+ degrees. Acrylic, silicone, polyurea and EPDM all come in white. However, silicone tends to lose its reflective abilities faster than other types of roofing.
If you are sealing a pre-existing roofing membrane you may only need one coat. This can reduce costs an average of $0.50 to $1.50 per square foot.
Read Also: How Much For A Patio Roof
Video: Installing Gaf Hydrostop Premiumcoat
The GAF HydroStop® PremiumCoat® System is more than just a roof coating. It is recognized as a Class 1 Roof System that serves as both a standalone roof system and recover system over a variety of substrates. It has three components: the HydroStop PremiumCoat Foundation Coat, the HydroStop PremiumCoat Fabric and the HydroStop PremiumCoat Finish Coat.
Allied Construction Services, your local provider of roof system services, discusses how the pros install this exceptional roofing system.
1st Step: Roof Evaluation
Before the coating system is added, the pros will have to evaluate the roof first. A moisture survey is conducted to identify and address areas of the roof with moisture infiltration problems. Roofers will also address ponding water and other related issues.
2nd Step: Adhesion Test
The next step is the adhesion test, which is conducted to ensure the coating properly adheres to the substrate. This also helps to determine the type of primer needed before the coating system is applied onto the surface.
3rd Step: Surface Preparation
After the adhesion test, commercial general contractors would then clean the whole field of the roof. GAF recommends using the appropriate cleaner based on the roof substrate. The pros will also use a pressure washer, making sure not to force any water into the seams. The primer may then be applied once the surface is cleaned and dried.
4th Step: Roof Coating Application
Metal & Aluminum Coating
Metal roofs are for flat, low slope and pitched roofs. You can apply almost any type of coating to a metal roof. For a pitched metal roof, expect to spend between $1.50 to $3 per square foot on labor. Depending on the pitch of the roof, the coats are applied in thinner layers. It may need more than two coats and increase application time.
Recommended Reading: How To Tell When You Need A New Roof
Pitched Or Sloped Roofs
Most pitched roofs are asphalt shingle or tile where complete coatings are not recommended. However, there are some exceptions and considerations when dealing with a pitched roof.
- Metal: such as in residential settings, can use an elastomeric coating for corrosion resistance or just to extend the life of the roof. You’ll usually pay an additional $1.00-$2.00 per square foot since the coatings must be applied in multiple thin layers.
- Asphalt Roll: For small leaks and tears, elastomeric bitumen sealants run between $15 to $20 per gallon or about $6 to $10 per 10-ounce tube. Use repair fabric in conjunction with these sealants. Fabrics will cost about $10 for a 25-square foot roll.
- Asphalt Shingle: Only use bitumen or elastomeric sealants around flashing, vents and skylights. Using complete coatings on asphalt shingles is a short-term fix and may actually do more harm than good. Repairing or replacing your damaged asphalt shingles is the long-term solution. Replace any underlayment and damaged roof sheathing as well. Considering that installing a new asphalt roof costs an average of $3,700 and a new tile roof costs an average of $11,500, the price of repairing asphalt shingles as a solution is well worth the investment.
If you’re still set on coating shingles, you may want to try one of these options:
Cleaning And Repair Costs
Roof preparation for installing a coating includes cleaning. Primers and sealants wonÂt adhere properly to a roof with dirt or debris. Without proper adhesion, the roof will fail and require replacement.
Most sealants suggest power washing your roof prior to application. It will only cost about $200 and assures full adhesion. Also, sealants arenÂt a substitute for mechanical repair. Repair holes, gaps and cracks first. Roof repair costs an average of $750. A licensed roofing contractor will include this in their bid. If you plan to tackle the preparation yourself, a roof inspection costs an average of $200.
Don’t Miss: How To Build A Living Roof
Polyurethane Foam Roof Coating
Polyurethane foam roofs are one the best options for flat roofs. Part of a polyurethane foam roof is the topcoat, usually a silicone membrane. You’ll probably want to recoat or seal your silicone roof with another coat of silicone for $1.50 to $2.50 per square foot, including labor. Verify what type of coat your roof currently has as various coatings do not always adhere to each other.
Estimated Prices By Brand
Common brands found in the U.S. at hardware and home improvement retail stores present a cheap solution for the competent DIYer. Your contractor is likely purchasing straight from a manufacturer from the Roof Coatings Manufacturers Associated. Here are a few of the common retail brands.
- Gaco: $0.70-$1 per square foot. They make a wide range of 100% silicone, acrylic, polyurethane, epoxy, and spray foam products for waterproofing and insulation your home.
- Henry: $0.15-$0.40 per square foot. Makes acrylic and asphalt emulsion coatings and sealants. Manufacture full roofing systems, adhesives and spray foam insulation.
- Black Jack: $0.25-$0.40 per square foot. Makes elastomeric siliconized coatings at a bargain price for a quick DIY job. Make asphalt sealant for sealing cracks, valleys, flashing and chimneys for about $15 per gallon.
- Liquid Rubber: $1.50-$1.75 per square foot. Makes 100% liquid EPDM products for thick applications. Make caulks and fabrics used in EPDM applications.
- Lanco: $0.50 per square foot. Makes a fully siliconized acrylic based roof coating for waterproofing and heat reduction. It has one of the longer acrylic warranties available at 15 years.
- Ames: $0.65-$0.75 per square foot. Makes commercial grade acrylic and liquid rubber products for waterproofing roofing and decking.
Contact a professional roofer for a quote on these less common brands.
Hire a pro to polish and seal your roof
Don’t Miss: How To Install Metal Roof On Pergola
We Love That We Can Safely Collect Drinkable Water
I purchased GAFs HydroStop from you for The Nature Conservancy at Ballast Key back in February. Out on Ballast Key we collect all of the rainwater from our main house and use it for potability after getting filtered through a filtration system. We love that we can safely collect drinkable water from the roof and gutters of our buildings because of the Hydrostop System. We really liked how simple and easy it was to install the GAF system and will use it again! Thank you,
At Coastal Roofing Supply You’ll Find A Wide Variety Of Top Brand Roofing Materials We Stock A Vast Inventory Of Roofing Products And Accessories Manufactured By The Major Suppliers In Florida’s Roofing Industry
- Waterproofing System
Receive exclusive offers and money saving emails.
Prices and merchandise shown on this website are suggested and retailers are free to change or alter prices or substitute with other merchandise. Merchandise not in stock may be ordered upon request. Occasionally merchandise may not be available because of circumstances beyond the retailers control. Their right to limit quantities is reserved. Retailers are not responsible for pricing errors and may withdraw any offer containing some.
Recommended Reading: When Will Insurance Pay For A New Roof
Where Is Your Property Located
Your location is required in order to give you accurate and relevant information. Please select your location from the list below. You can change your location any time by clicking the My Location button at the bottom of any web page.
Internet Explorer 11 is no longer a supported browser. Please upgrade to Edge or other supported browser such as Chrome or Firefox to view our Live Twitter Feed.
Why Hydrostop Barrierguard Waterproofing
HydroStop BarrierGuard Waterproofing, when mixed with water, Portland cement, and fully reinforced with HydroStop PremiumCoat Fabric, it forms a hard-wearing, flexible compound with excellent resistance to standing water.
BarrierGuard can be applied to concrete and masonry. It can be used for waterproofing foundation walls, basements, masonry shrubbery boxes, and for lining water-retaining structures, concrete panels and moisture-retaining structures.
Benefits of HydroStop BarrierGuard Waterproofing include:
- Resists acid rain and chemical pollutants to protect from chemical spills and fallout damage.
- Meets VOC emissions and regulations to eliminate facility downtime during installation.
- Will not peel off like stick-on adhesives.
No videos for this product
Also Check: Does Replacing A Roof Increase Home Value
Why Hydrostop Premiumcoat Butter Grade Flashing
HydroStop PremiumCoat Butter Grade Flashing is manufactured from an acrylic resin specifically designed to provide increased tensile strength and elongation in level out low-lying roof areas. Its lightweight, spreadable consistency is permanently flexible and contains no plasticizers.
Benefits of HydroStop PremiumCoat Butter Grade Flashing include:
- Lightweight, spreadable consistency
- Permanently flexible, contains no plasticizers 100% acrylic, -35° flexibility
- Extra high film build, over 1/8th up to 3/16th inch
- Bonds to most surfaces and all common roofing materials
- Meets VOC emissions and regulations to eliminate facility downtime during installation
Why Hydrostop Finish Coat
The HydroStop Finish Coat is the top layer of the HydroStop PremiumCoat System. Used in conjunction with the HydroStop Foundation Coat and the HydroStop Fabric.
HydroStop Premium Coat System is a roofing and water-proofing solution for coating, recovery, reroof and new roof applications. It provides a fully-adhered, breathable acrylic membrane for a variety of existing roof substrates.
- Roof substrates: Metal roofs, flat and low-pitched roofs, BUR, structural concrete, EPDM, Hypalon, modified bitumen, PVC, and TPO roofs, as well as parapet walls and exterior walls
- Water-based acrylic base coat.
Also Check: How To Waterproof A Flat Concrete Roof
Why Hydrostop Premiumcoat Foundation Coat
HydroStop® Foundation Coat is the foundation coat of the HydroStop® System, used in conjunction with HydroStop® Finish Coat and HydroStop® Fabric. It is a water-based acrylic base coat that is tinted green to make it distinguishable from HydroStop® Finish Coat in order to easily spot substrates not yet covered.
- A water-based acrylic base coat that is tinted green to make it distinguishable from HydroStop® Finish Coat in order to easily spot substrates not yet covered
- Can be installed over a variety of roofs without the need for a complete tear-off and associated cost and waste
- Adheres to a variety of existing roof substrates, including metal roofs, flat and low-pitched roofs, BUR, structural concrete, EPDM, Hypalon®, modified bitumen, PVC, and TPO roofs, as well as parapet and exterior walls.*
- Seamless and self-flashing
- No heavy equipment and minimal tools required
- No tearing off old, worn-out roof
- HydroStop® Foundation Coat is the foundation coat of the HydroStop® System and should be used in conjunction with PremiumCoat® Finish Coat and Fabric
- The HydroStop® System complies with Federal mandate 13514
What Is Hydrostop
HydroStop Premium Coat roofing products are water-based acrylic base coats that work together to create a durable roof membrane. The system includes a foundation coat, a finish coat, and fabric layer, resulting in a low VOC system, meaning it has very little volatile organic components and gas emissions. It also boasts exceptional UV- and weather-resistance.
This roofing system can be used for a variety of purposes, such as coating, re-covering, and re-roofing existing structures. It is also a viable option for a new roof, and will completely cover existing roofs and structures.
Don’t Miss: How To Patch A Leaking Shingle Roof